A staggering £100,000 a year salary is being offered by a billionaire family for an “exceptional and highly experienced” dog nanny to look after their two pooches.
A dog nanny is being sought by a billionaire family who are offering an “unheard of” £100,000 a year salary to pamper two pooches.
As applications pour in for the enticing financial package, the job advert does call for “exceptional and highly experienced” worker to provide “unparalleled care and attention” to the large dogs.
The full-time nanny would need to live with the family in Knightsbridge, central London, and would get to jet off with the pooches wherever the billionaires go.Playdates would need to be arranged with other dogs, while food supplies and vet appointments would need to be organised as well as a detailed health record kept. This would include regular grooming and any other maintenance in regards to appearance and training.
George Ralph-Dunn of Fairfax and Kensington recruitment agency, who are recruiting the nanny on their client’s behalf, says the giant £100,000 salary is “unheard of” in the industry.
However the nanny would need to “drop everything” and “leave their private lives on the backburner” to put the dogs’ well-being first.
The nanny is also expected the arrange “stringent security measures” to keep the dogs safe in what’s described as a “high-profile environment” – suggesting the owners could be celebrities or figures in the public eye.
He says he’s had more than 300 applications for the job so far and the firm plans to whittle down the hopefuls before running strict background checks and trials with the family.
George said: “With these jobs the clients are looking for someone yesterday and we’ve already had between 300 and 400 applications. Everyone’s suddenly a dog nanny.
“The perfect person would be not too big of a character and be good at blending into the background then popping out when required.
“The clients are billionaires looking for best-in-class service so when it comes to their dogs they’re happy to pay.
- Provide unparalleled care and attention to the dogs, treating them as valued members of the family. This includes feeding, grooming and ensuring they receive regular exercise and playtime.
- Coordinate and oversee all veterinary appointments, vaccinations and health check-ups. Administer medications as prescribed and keep detailed records of their health and medical history.
- Develop a personalized exercise regimen for each dog, ensuring they receive the appropriate physical and mental stimulation. Utilize positive reinforcement techniques to maintin and enhance their training.
- Accompany the dogs during domestic and international travels, ensuring their comfort and safety throughout the journey. This may include coordinating logistics, arranging pet-friendly accommodations and adhering to specific travel regulations.
- Plan and organize socialization opportunities for the dogs, including playdates with other dogs, visists to dog parks and participation in dog friendly events. Incorporate enriching activities to stimulate their senses and promote their well being.
- Collaborate with the other household staff members, such as housekeepers and gardeners to ensure a harmonious and clean environment for the dogs. Assist in organizing dog-related supplies, including food, toys, bedding and grooming products.
- Implement stringent security measures to safeguard the dogs, considering their high-profile environment. Coordinate with security personnel to ensure their protection and well being at all times.
- Demonstrated experience as a professional dog nanny or similar role, preferably with ultra high net worth families or high-profile clients. proven ability to handle various dog breeds and temperaments
- Strong understanding of dog health and nutrition as well as familiarity with administering medications and recognizing signs of illness or distress.
- Proficient in positive reinforcement training techniques to maintain and enhance dogs’ behaviour and obedience. Knowledge of specialized training methods a plus.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays to accommodate the needs of our dogs and our family’s schedule.
- impeccable professional ethics and the ability to handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to handle dogs of various sizes and strengths and engage in physical activities such as walking, running and playing.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, as driving may be required for dog-related errands or appointments.
“This is the first role we’ve offered of its kind. The salary connected to it is pretty unheard of. Even as a vet you’d be struggling to earn that amount of money.
“When money is no object people want the best and you attract the best with the best salary.